Carlo Ancelotti reacts to claims Real Madrid are at the end of an era

Forum 1 year ago

Carlo Ancelotti reacts to claims Real Madrid are at the end of an era

Carlo Ancelotti has rebuked claims that Real Madrid are nearing the 'end of an era' with the likes of Karim Benzema, Luka Modric and Toni Kroos at the tailend of their respective careers.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1bda85f0139c58d8a1fdb518c77d5170.jpg

Real were thoroughly beaten by Barcelona team in the recent Supercopa de Espana final, looking well off the pace against their youthful opposition at the King Fahd International Stadium on Sunday.

Following this defeat, fans and pundits alike have began to question the age of players that Madrid currently rely on as the likes of Modric, Kroos, Benzema and co. are all well into their 30s.

Speaking to the press ahead of the Los Blancos' return to La Liga action, manager Ancelotti was keen to point out that there are plenty of young players in the squad which are slowly being embedded into the starting XI.

“Everyone talks about Modric, Kroos, Benzema, but this is a young squad overall, with players like Camavinga, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Valverde, Militao, Tchouameni and those who’ll come in the future. I think this is the start of a cycle at this club," he insisted.

"Some players are reaching the end of their careers, but others are coming in. Rather than this being the end of an era, I think it’s the start of a new one.”

When queried about the lack of academy graduates in the current first team squad, Ancelotti responded, "It’s hard to say why because I think Real Madrid have a good academy. More players will come out in the future I’m sure.

"There are times when players come out who can make the first team and other times when not. There is a generation of players born in 2004 that is coming through just now and they’re really good and will be ready for the first team soon."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Model who released viral video of Davido begging in tears reacts to wedding
Forum | 3 days ago

Model who released viral video of Davido begging in tears reacts to wedding

Portable claims he was among Davido’s groomsmen, blames Zlatan Ibile for ruining it
Forum | 3 days ago

Portable claims he was among Davido’s groomsmen, blames Zlatan Ibile for ruining it

Transfer: Be proud – Ronaldo reacts to departure of Real Madrid star from Bernabeu
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Be proud – Ronaldo reacts to departure of Real Madrid star from Bernabeu

Ese Eriata reacts to report that she had a baby with a married man
Forum | 3 days ago

Ese Eriata reacts to report that she had a baby with a married man