Ryan Reynolds Discusses Deadpool 3’s ‘Tightrope Walk’ of Tone

Forum 1 year ago

Ryan Reynolds Discusses Deadpool 3’s ‘Tightrope Walk’ of Tone

The duo of Wolverine and Deadpool are set to team up in the upcoming sequel Deadpool 3, and in a recent interview, star Ryan Reynolds talked about how the pair’s two very different tones will work in a film setting.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6ccc4ac168083a01f039f0a72d05e56e.jpg

Speaking to The Wrap recently, Reynolds noted that it would be a “tightrope walk” in making the characters work together in a way that audiences love, before joking that they’re both coming from the “Marvel Ancillary Universe” into the proper Marvel Cinematic Universe.

“I think it’s a tightrope walk,” Reynolds said. “I mean, most of these movies are always a tightrope walk of tone, so in this instance, though, you have a collision of two pretty iconic characters that exist in the Marvel Ancillary Universe [laughs] — we’re in the Marvel Cinematic Universe at this point.”

Reynolds went on to discuss the fact that their goal in making the movie is to find a way to “service both” characters and not take anything away from what makes them beloved.

“It’s really kind of finding a way to service both of these characters that feels extraordinarily authentic to each of them, and I think these two wrongs actually will make a right in a pretty great way,” said Reynolds.

Deadpool 3 is being written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick from a previous draft by Bob’s Burgers duo Wendy Molyneux and Lizzie Molyneux-Loeglin. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige previously assured fans that it will remain an R-rated film — just like the first two movies, which would make it the studio’s first movie with said mature rating.

It will serve as the first movie in the Deadpool film series to be released following Disney’s acquisition of 20th Century Fox. The film is currently scheduled to release on November 8, 2024.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Has a Giant Dead Ant-Man Easter Egg
Forum | 2 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Has a Giant Dead Ant-Man Easter Egg

Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Reveals Emma Corrin’s Villain Cassandra Nova
Forum | 2 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Reveals Emma Corrin’s Villain Cassandra Nova

New Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Shows More of Hugh Jackman’s MCU Debut
Forum | 2 days ago

New Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer Shows More of Hugh Jackman’s MCU Debut

Project Hail Mary Release Date Set for Lord & Miller Space Movie With Ryan Gosling
Forum | 5 days ago

Project Hail Mary Release Date Set for Lord & Miller Space Movie With Ryan Gosling