Gary Neville explains why Arsenal won't win the Premier League

Forum 1 year ago

Gary Neville explains why Arsenal won't win the Premier League

Gary Neville insists that Manchester City will win the Premier League title for a third season in a row despite Arsenal opening up an eight-point gap at the top of the table.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4c893f5fe655ecb419283d230025e155.jpg

The Gunners took advantage of City's loss in the Manchester derby on Saturday by downing bitter rivals Spurs in a comfortable 2-0 win.

An own goal from Hugo Lloris and strike from Martin Odegaard separated the two sides on paper, but Arsenal were a cut above Antonio Conte's side at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

Arsenal now boast 15 wins from the 18 Premier League games they've played this season, with their only defeat coming in a 3-1 loss against Manchester United in September.

Though they've bounced back from that defeat to take 32 points from a possible 36, Neville told Sky Sports after the game of his belief that Pep Guardiola's Manchester City will overhaul the Gunners and go on one of their famous winning runs.

"If Erling Haaland starts to kick on, if City start to purr, if the defence starts to shore up a bit more than it has done, and they need Ruben Dias back if they can, I think City will win it.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: Football isn’t about big names – Pochettino on Chelsea’s win over Spurs
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Football isn’t about big names – Pochettino on Chelsea’s win over Spurs

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures
Forum | 3 days ago

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures