Aston Villa agree $18m deal with Chicago Fire for transfer of Jhon Duran

Forum 1 year ago

Aston Villa agree $18m deal with Chicago Fire for transfer of Jhon Duran

Aston Villa have announced an agreement with the Chicago Fire for the transfer of Colombian youngster Jhon Duran.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/db945e68f2e05d3539a2767f60da9e6d.jpg

The West Midlands revealed in a club statement that they are yet to agree personal terms with Duran, while he will also need to pass a medical and obtain a necessary work visa.

However, the Premier League side now have a straight shot at landing the 19-year-old striker, with 90min sources confirming Villa have agreed an $18m guaranteed fee, with the Fire potentially receiving up to $4m extra in performance-related bonuses.

90min understands Villa had to beat off sustained interest from Portuguese giants Benfica in order to agree a deal for Duran, who also attracted interest from clubs across Europe's top leagues.

Duran - capped three times for his country at senior level - has enjoyed a stellar debut year in MLS in 2023 after arriving from Envigado in his homeland for up to just $2.5m, scoring eight goals and providing six assists in 28 appearances across all competitions, including five goals in his last five MLS regular season outings.

When asked about the striker's future in October, Fire head coach Ezra Hendrickson had expressed a desire to keep Duran around for another year but even then, already seemed resigned to the possibility of losing him...

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw
Forum | 11 hours ago

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League
Forum | 11 hours ago

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 23 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel