One Killed As Farmers, Fulani Clash in Kwara

Forum 1 year ago

One Killed As Farmers, Fulani Clash in Kwara

One person has been confirmed dead in deadly clash between farmers and Fulani herders in Rogu Village, Patigi Local Government Area, Kwara State.

It was learnt that angry farmers from the neighborhood broke into the Fulani camp in the village after the farmer died.The invasion was as a result of a result of the conflict between Fulani herders and farmers in the area.

The enraged farmers allegedly set motorcycles owned by the Fulani herdsmen on fire during the ensuing chaos.

Etsu Patigi, Alhaji Ibrahim Umar Bologi 11, has stepped in and is urging his people to keep calm and maintain peace in the region.

He promised the Fulani that his kinsmen would not retaliate and that everyone would be safe now that normalcy has been restored.

Ali Muhammed Jounwuro, the chairman of the Kwara state branch of the Gan Allah Fulani Development Association of Nigeria, or GAFDAN, responded on Saturday in Ilorin by expressing his deep worry over the burning of at least 103 innocent Fulani homes.

He queried why anyone who felt wronged should take the law into their own hands if they suspect people of breaking the law.

“The Fulani camp is more than 40 years old at Rogu within Patigi LGA. They have been law abiding citizens for the period of 40 years without harming anybody,” the chairman added.

He called on the Kwara State Government to take proper action on the matter to avoid escalation of the crisis

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia
Forum | 2 days ago

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 2 days ago

Forum | 3 days ago