Brazilian midfielder heading for Nottingham Forest medical

Forum 1 year ago

Brazilian midfielder heading for Nottingham Forest medical

Nottingham Forest are closing in on the signing of Palmeiras midfielder Danilo, 90min can confirm.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/72d547974f904a6c744fc863a4caaf08.jpg

The 21-year-old midfielder was tentatively pursued by Arsenal last summer but the Gunners opted not to pull the trigger on a move, allowing Forest to now swoop in and strike an agreement with Palmeiras worth around £16m instead.

Danilo is heading to England for a medical which, if all goes to plan, will see him become Forest's second signing of the January window and their 24th in total since promotion to the Premier League.

He is set to follow former teammate Gustavo Scarpa, who left Palmeiras when his contract expired at the end of December.

Ahead of embarking for his medical, Danilo took to Instagram to bid farewell to the Palmeiras faithful.

"Well, the day has come for me to say goodbye to Palmeiras, the club where I made so many dreams come true," he wrote.

"I'm going to make another dream come true. I'm bringing a heavy suitcase full of experiences, and in it goes Brazil always, with me, wherever I am!"

Steve Cooper's side find themselves 15th in the Premier League after 18 games but still firmly in a relegation battle, with just five points separating the bottom eight sides, and so Forest have chosen to keep splashing the cash to try and climb away from trouble.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash

EPL: Man City maintain one-point gap at top with 2-0 win over Nottingham Forest
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Man City maintain one-point gap at top with 2-0 win over Nottingham Forest

EPL: Guardiola singles out five Man City players after 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Guardiola singles out five Man City players after 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest

EPL: Guardiola confirms injury blow after 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Guardiola confirms injury blow after 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest