"Allow ads" and Popups on Chrome to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Chimamanda Stars In Dior’s Lady 95.22 Handbag Campaign

Forum 1 year ago

Chimamanda Stars In Dior’s Lady 95.22 Handbag Campaign

Chimamanda Adichie, the award-winning Nigerian novelist, has been engaged for a new bag campaign by Dior, the French luxury fashion house.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f1374b011f8c8a90d38085087208bf28.jpeg

The ad, tagged The Lady 95.22, hypes a variation of the Lady Dior bag popularised by Princess Diana of Wales.

Launched on Wednesday, it featured exceptional women in art, cinema, sports, literature, fashion, and music.

The Lady 95.22 debuted at the fashion house’s Fall/Winter 2022-2023 ready-to-wear show.

Its name references the year of its creation (1995) as well as the year of its revival (2022).

In the campaign, Adichie wears a black pantsuit and a white T-shirt with the words “We Should All Be Feminists”.

Speaking in an accompanying video, the novelist said: “I feel happiest when I am surrounded by the people I love—by my family, by my friends. I think femininity and feminism have often been seen as mutually exclusive.

“And so, I think for a long time, people felt that being a feminist meant somehow to reject everything to do with feminity.

“Right so, you have to in some ways, kind of appropriate a man to be a feminist, and I don’t think so at all. I think that femininity and feminism actually do complement each other.”

The novelist has received global recognition for her work which has been translated into over thirty languages and won numerous awards and prizes.

On December 30, Chimamanda was given a chieftaincy title in Abba, Anambra where she was named “Odeluwa”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mohbad’s father urges any lady who has a child for his late son to come forward
Forum | 21 hours ago

Mohbad’s father urges any lady who has a child for his late son to come forward

Ebonyi LG Poll: APC kicks off campaign rallies
Forum | 3 days ago

Ebonyi LG Poll: APC kicks off campaign rallies

Papaya Ex addresses blocking lady after collecting N235K for ‘free class’
Forum | 3 days ago

Papaya Ex addresses blocking lady after collecting N235K for ‘free class’