PSV issue defiant message as Premier League interest grows in Noni Madueke

Forum 1 year ago

PSV issue defiant message as Premier League interest grows in Noni Madueke

PSV Eindhoven manager Ruud van Nistelrooy has vowed to put up a fight to keep winger Noni Madueke as a number of Premier League sides step up their interest in the 20-year-old England youth international.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1f0d33b91371f1e8d799984556694bf4.jpg

A product of the Crystal Palace and Tottenham academies, Madueke moved to Eindhoven in 2018 and has since racked up 20 goals and 14 assists in 79 games.

Sources have confirmed to 90min that Chelsea have voiced an interest in signing Madueke this month but there are a number of Premier League sides who have been tracking the winger and could offer him a route back to England.

Indeed, former employers Tottenham have monitored his development since leaving the club, while Crystal Palace, Everton, Leicester, Newcastle and West Ham have all voiced an interest in Madueke, who has just recovered from an ankle injury which kept him out for 18 games.

Leeds United have also tracked Madueke but are expected to drop their interest after striking a club-record deal to sign Hoffenheim's Georginio Rutter.

Madueke is under contract in Eindhoven until 2025 and 90min understands that, while PSV do not want to sell, they would listen to offers at around the €40m mark - similar to the fee that took Cody Gakpo to Liverpool earlier this window.

PSV boss Van Nistelrooy confirmed the interest in Madueke but vowed to do his best to keep hold of the winger.

"I know [there is interest]," Van Nistelrooy told the press. "I'd rather not, but I don't deny there is much interest in him. This is because of his qualities and performance. It's worrisome. We need to see if we can keep him. I very much hope for that. We must do everything we can to do that.

"You also know how things can take off, if the purse strings are pulled hard, then you have to be ready with several options, because we'd be losing a second player in the winter."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures
Forum | 1 day ago

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures

I
Forum | 1 day ago

I'm In A League Of My Own, I Have No Competition In The Music Industry - Flavour

UCL: Why Real Madrid are dominating Champions League – Thierry Henry
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: Why Real Madrid are dominating Champions League – Thierry Henry

Actress Nancy Isime Sends Message to Late Mother
Forum | 3 days ago

Actress Nancy Isime Sends Message to Late Mother