Josko Gvardiol reveals favourite Premier League club

Forum 1 year ago

Josko Gvardiol reveals favourite Premier League club

RB Leipzig defender Josko Gvardiol has confessed his love for Liverpool as he prepares to receive offers to move to the Premier League.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c4f2b8d532ff812b9dd2fd1a87eb30d3.jpg

The 20-year-old Croatian is wanted by nearly every top side in Europe after a stellar few seasons and a sensational World Cup, with Chelsea making most progress in their negotiations over a deal but failing to strike a final agreement so far.

Indeed, the Blues had tried to convince Leipzig to agree to sell Gvardiol in January but his rising price tag saw them turn to Benoit Badiashile, who joined from Monaco in a €38m deal earlier this month.

Gvardiol has since discussed Chelsea's continued interest in him, refusing to rule out a switch to Stamford Bridge in the summer, but he also made the surprising revelation that Liverpool are the English side closest to his heart.

"That would definitely be Liverpool," he told RTL. "Since I was little, I watched a lot of Liverpool matches with my dad, and we covered every season in detail. It is a club that has remained in my heart."

Liverpool are among the sides to have enquired about Gvardiol's services. The Reds are looking to bolster at the back but may be in need of more-urgent support following the injury to Virgil van Dijk, who is facing over a month on the sidelines with a hamstring problem.

90min understands Liverpool are exploring a possible January move for Inter's Milan Skriniar, who has entered the final six months of his contract and is yet to sign an extension at San Siro.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures
Forum | 3 days ago

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures

I
Forum | 3 days ago

I'm In A League Of My Own, I Have No Competition In The Music Industry - Flavour

Belgium: Onyedika scoops Club Brugge’s Player of the Month award
Forum | 3 days ago

Belgium: Onyedika scoops Club Brugge’s Player of the Month award

UCL: Why Real Madrid are dominating Champions League – Thierry Henry
Forum | 4 days ago

UCL: Why Real Madrid are dominating Champions League – Thierry Henry