Erik ten Hag explains how Man Utd win over Bournemouth was 'lucky'

Forum 1 year ago

Erik ten Hag explains how Man Utd win over Bournemouth was 'lucky'

Erik ten Hag has explained why Man Utd's emphatic 3-0 win over Bournemouth was not the Red Devils' 'best game', stating that his side were 'lucky' at times.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1b5af2e67ebead7b3532ed1eaed49389.jpg

Man Utd romped to a third straight win in the Premier League thanks to goals from Casemiro, Luke Shaw and Marcus Rashford on Tuesday night at Old Trafford.

In winning the game, Ten Hag's side went to within just one point of inner-city rivals Manchester City in the Premier League table - something that seemed pretty impossible six months ago.

Despite the win, speaking to the press after the game Ten Hag noted that he wasn't particularly pleased with his side's performance.

"I am happy with 3-0, that is obvious and quite clear but today was not our best game. We didn't play smart as a team and sometimes we were lucky," he said.

"We scored great goals and should have scored more. We could have conceded too but great saves from David de Gea, I am not happy with that. It is something we have to avoid."

The Man Utd manager also provided an update on Donny van de Beek's fitness after the midfielder was forced off with an apparent injury before half-time in the game. Ten Hag said that the injury was 'not looking good' and that the player will undergo tests on Wednesday to find out the extent of his issue.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 14 hours ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho
Forum | 15 hours ago

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 15 hours ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

EPL: Football isn’t about big names – Pochettino on Chelsea’s win over Spurs
Forum | 15 hours ago

EPL: Football isn’t about big names – Pochettino on Chelsea’s win over Spurs