Eddie Howe reveals truth behind rumours of Cristiano Ronaldo's Newcastle clause

Forum 1 year ago

Eddie Howe reveals truth behind rumours of Cristiano Ronaldo's Newcastle clause

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe has denied rumours that there is a clause in Cristiano Ronaldo's Al Nassr contract allowing him to move to St. James' Park.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/24e05c428ea422ab90aec7cbebcb8328.jpg

Reports in Spain claimed that Ronaldo's contract in Saudi Arabia includes a clause which would see him move to Newcastle, whose owners are primarily Saudi, if Howe can lead his team to the Champions League.

Ronaldo was known to be keen to remain in Europe after leaving Manchester United as he looked to add to his Champions League goals tally, but despite plenty of rumours, Newcastle declined to make him an offer.

Now, Howe has confirmed that there is no Newcastle clause in Ronaldo's contract either.

“We wish Cristiano all the best but there’s no truth in that from our perspective,” Howe said before Tuesday's meeting with Arsenal.

Newcastle are flying under Howe and have legitimate hopes of qualifying for the Champions League this season, having lost just once in their opening 17 Premier League games.

If they do make it to Europe's premier competition, it appears as though they'll have to tackle it without Ronaldo, who claimed during his Al Nassr presentation on Tuesday that he had numerous offers to remain in Europe.

"I had many opportunities in Europe, many clubs in Brazil, in Australia, in USA and even in Portugal," said Ronaldo. "They tried to sign me but I gave my word to this club to develop not only the football but other parts of this amazing country."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 22 hours ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 22 hours ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 23 hours ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star
Forum | 2 days ago

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star