Sporting head coach 'prepared' to lose Tottenham target

Forum 1 year ago

Sporting head coach 'prepared' to lose Tottenham target

Sporting CP boss Ruben Amorim has insisted the club are 'prepared' in case Tottenham come in and activate Pedro Porro's release clause

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/40e3f7405295241c8631dc4cef22a5c0.jpg

Porro has starred for Sporting since joining from Manchester City on an initial loan deal in 2020 and, as 90min reported earlier this month, Spurs have identified him as a potential replacement for right-back Emerson Royal.

However, if Spurs want to make that happen, they have been told to forget about a cut-price deal.

Speaking to the press ahead of Sporting’s clash with Pacos de Ferreira, Amorim said: “With regard to Pedro Porro, we know that there are players in our team who, because of what they have done, are now wanted by other clubs. We had this problem in the summer too.

“What I was told is that he can only leave if the clause is triggered. And if the clause is triggered, there is nothing we can do."

Amorim added: “He is playing really well. Like me, he is living one of the best moments of his career and he is only focused on Sporting.

“We are prepared for anything and we know that there are clubs who can pay the clause. But, until that happens, I think Pedro is safe.”

Porro’s release clause is understood to be around £40m, but Man City also reportedly have first refusal with a £17m buy-back option.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Club Brugge target summer move for Nigerian striker
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Club Brugge target summer move for Nigerian striker

Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali
Forum | 1 week ago

Chippa United target Black Stars goalie as potential replacement for Nwabali

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 1 week ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals