Premier League clubs make enquiries for Viktor Gyokeres

Forum 1 year ago

Premier League clubs make enquiries for Viktor Gyokeres

Coventry City have received several enquiries from Premier League clubs regarding star striker Viktor Gyokeres.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/98a7818207ef65e19ace005744c0c8da.jpg

The 24-year-old is currently joint top of the Championship scoring charts this season, with 12 goals in 21 appearances for the Sky Blues so far.

This follows on from an impressive 2021/22 campaign in which he grabbed 18 goals across 47 matches in all competitions, and his form has not gone unnoticed.

90min understands Brentford, Crystal Palace, Everton, Leeds United and Wolves have all asked about Gyokeres' availability in the January transfer window.

All five sides have a clear need to add another prolific striker to their ranks and Coventry are believed to be asking for around £16m in order to let him go.

Gyokeres, who has been capped 11 times by Sweden, was previously on the books at Brighton, who signed him in 2018 after an impressive stint with IF Brommapojkarna in his homeland.

However, he only made seven appearances for the Seagulls - four in the FA Cup and three in the League Cup - before being sent out on loan to St Pauli, Swansea and lastly Coventry, who made the deal permanent at the start of last season.

Coventry have recovered from their early season woes and now sit 12th in the Championship table, just two points off a play-off place.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Drake reveals the only thing that will make him quit music for life
Forum | 9 hours ago

Drake reveals the only thing that will make him quit music for life

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures
Forum | 4 days ago

Champions League top scorers after semi-final first leg fixtures

I
Forum | 4 days ago

I'm In A League Of My Own, I Have No Competition In The Music Industry - Flavour

UCL: Why Real Madrid are dominating Champions League – Thierry Henry
Forum | 4 days ago

UCL: Why Real Madrid are dominating Champions League – Thierry Henry