Reece James calls 2022 'toughest year to date' after latest injury setback

Forum 1 year ago

Reece James calls 2022 'toughest year to date' after latest injury setback

Reece James has admitted his injury struggles this year are taking their toll mentally after picking up another knee problem.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ef6bb25099cd9c8caa75f150366e8b14.jpg

The right-back was substituted 53 minutes into Chelsea's 2-0 win at home to Bournemouth on Tuesday - his first competitive game since first picking up a knee injury against Milan in October.

James was superb on his return as he so often is for Chelsea but went down holding his knee soon after the restart at Stamford Bridge, with head coach Graham Potter admitting he was 'concerned' by the problem.

Taking to Twitter, James penned an emotional tweet about the tough year he's had battling injuries.

"2022 has been the toughest year to date," he said.

"Just wanna thank you all for the support, none of you go unnoticed.

"It’s naturally [affected] me mentally, I’m currently just [trying to] deal with the cards I’ve been dealt.

"I hope your end of year is filled with peace, joy & happiness."

James' knee injury ruled him out of England's 2022 World Cup campaign, while he has now missed 60 games due to fitness concerns since breaking into Chelsea's first-team setup.

He's played 12 times in all competition for the Blues so far this season, registering two goals and two assists.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
James Brown Vows Never to Stop Twerking Online
Forum | 2 days ago

James Brown Vows Never to Stop Twerking Online

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government
Forum | 3 days ago

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara
Forum | 4 days ago

Mother Of Sound Engineer, Precious, Who Died Alongside Jnr Pope Calls On Gov Fubara

Forum | 4 days ago