Dejan Kulusevski reveals why he left Juventus for Tottenham

Forum 1 year ago

Dejan Kulusevski reveals why he left Juventus for Tottenham

Dejan Kulusevski has revealed that he left Juventus for Tottenham in order to 'get his life back'.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/98ba1df4ea14224b71cc22c22d6ef8b5.jpg

The Sweden international signed for Spurs on an initial €10m loan deal back in January 2022, which will eventually become permanent for another €35m, joining fellow Juve outcast Rodrigo Bentancur in making the switch from Turin to north London.

Since arriving at Tottenham, Kulusevski has cemented his place as one of the Premier League's best forwards and was recently awarded Sweden's Guldbollen 2022 prize for the country's best male player.

Speaking to Sport Bladet after winning the award, Kulusevski admitted that he has had a new lease of life since leaving Juventus.

"I am very proud and happy to have received this award," Kulusevski said.

"There have been many people who have helped me along the way and it has been hard work, but it is an honour to receive this award.

"The whole year has been absolutely fantastic, actually. I came to Tottenham to get my life back, my hunger back, and my love back after they had flown away. I feel that I am getting better and better every day and have incredible fun when I play on the pitch.

"I think I can get much better, I’m on the right track. I feel like I’m learning new things every day, that the physic is getting much better and that I’m developing my understanding of the game. I feel really good right now, but I want more."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 9 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up