Graham Potter asked about Chelsea's pursuit of Benoit Badiashile

Forum 1 year ago

Graham Potter asked about Chelsea's pursuit of Benoit Badiashile

Chelsea head coach Graham Potter has been quizzed about the club's interest in French defender Benoit Badiashile.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/87ca444d8649dba56651befb373aa72b.jpg

90min understands the Blues are in discussions with Monaco over a January deal in order to provide immediate reinforcement to an unstable backline.

Reports in France add that the 21-year-old has been sold on Chelsea's desire to build a squad of young players that will be able to compete for major honours over the next decade.

Potter was asked for an update on negotiations for Badiashile following Chelsea's 2-0 win against Bournemouth on Tuesday evening.

"My answer is I don’t speak about anyone that isn’t a Chelsea player," he retorted. "There are lots of people who get linked to this club and I’d be wasting your time and mine if I responded to every one.

"I always say the club’s responsibility is to try to improve the team but my job is to try to improve the players we have here and the team. That’s what I’ll be focused on."

Chelsea kept just their fourth clean sheet of the Premier League season so far in their return to action following the World Cup break.

Potter reverted to a back four with Thiago Silva partnering Kalidou Koulibaly at centre-back, while Reece James had to be withdrawn after 53 minutes on his return from a knee injury after picking up a similar problem.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Why A Police Officer Asked For My Number Plate’s Receipt - Actor, Jamiu Azeez Reveals
Forum | 4 days ago

Why A Police Officer Asked For My Number Plate’s Receipt - Actor, Jamiu Azeez Reveals

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 4 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 2 days ago

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino