Erik ten Hag discusses Man Utd January transfer plans

Forum 1 year ago

Erik ten Hag discusses Man Utd January transfer plans

Erik ten Hag has confirmed that Manchester United are in the market for new signings, but refused to comment on Cody Gakpo moving to Liverpool instead of Old Trafford.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9c66681a4a872cb49899225cbc694ae4.jpg

Gakpo was widely expected to join Man Utd after a breakout 2022 FIFA World Cup, but in a shock turn of events, Liverpool have swooped in to sign the highly-rated forward for an initial £37m.

Speaking after his side's comfortable 3-0 win over Nottingham Forest on Tuesday evening, Ten Hag refused to be drawn on questions regarding Gakpo's move to arch rivals Liverpool, but he did reveal that Man Utd are in the market for new signings.

"We are always in the market but it has to match the sporting criteria but also the financial criteria and we will do what we can to bring that player in that we need," he said.

"I don't talk about any individual cases [Gakpo]. I am not looking at other teams, I am looking at our team. I am convinced in the players we have, individual and as a team, that we can compete with those other teams."

During his press conference, the Man Utd manager also talked about his side's need to be more clinical and efficient in front of goal.

"We have to score more goals. We created so many chances and it takes us until just before the end to make the third goal. We have to finish this game at an earlier moment. Just after half-time, we created two really good chances and you have to finish that game at an earlier moment. Life is going to be more easy," Ten Hag added.

"Many games at home, you can then save more energy, so that's better for everyone. But also for the progress of the team, you need that."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford
Forum | 2 days ago

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford

UCL: What happened at Man Utd – Ferdinand questions Sancho after outstanding display against PSG
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: What happened at Man Utd – Ferdinand questions Sancho after outstanding display against PSG