Antonio Conte confirms extent of Richarlison's hamstring injury

Forum 1 year ago

Antonio Conte confirms extent of Richarlison's hamstring injury

Tottenham Hotspur manager Antonio Conte has revealed that forward Richarlison could be ruled out for up to four weeks with a hamstring injury.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3f94e9d58b34ebbea18f53826ba97b99.jpg

The 25-year-old picked up the injury while at the World Cup with Brazil, where he won goal of the tournament for his stunning bicycle kick against Serbia.

Despite scoring three goals in Qatar, Richarlison picked up the injury in Brazil's quarter-final clash against Croatia and was forced to miss the ensuing penalty shootout, which the Selecao lost to crash out of the tournament altogether.

"I spoke with the medical department. They said to me we need three or four weeks still," Conte told reporters at his Friday press conference.

This timeframe means Richarlison is certain to miss Spurs' return to Premier League action against Brentford on Boxing Day, as well as their New Year's Day clash with Aston Villa.

With the club hosting Arsenal on January 15 and facing Manchester City away four days later, Spurs fans will be praying that the Brazilian is able to make a speedy recovery.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Traffic Robbers Who Attacked DPO, Stole Her Phone And Left Her With Cutlass Injury Arrested In Lagos
Forum | 4 days ago

Traffic Robbers Who Attacked DPO, Stole Her Phone And Left Her With Cutlass Injury Arrested In Lagos

Jurassic World: Chaos Theory Trailer Confirms Brooklynn’s Fate
Forum | 6 days ago

Jurassic World: Chaos Theory Trailer Confirms Brooklynn’s Fate

EPL: Thiago Silva confirms he’s leaving Chelsea
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Thiago Silva confirms he’s leaving Chelsea

EPL: Guardiola confirms injury blow after 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Guardiola confirms injury blow after 2-0 win at Nottingham Forest