Facebook CEO MarkZuckerberg Apologises for Data Scandal

Forum 6 years ago

Facebook CEO MarkZuckerberg Apologises for Data Scandal

After a heavy drop in stocks over the unlawful sharing of personal data without the permission of its users, Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, took out full-page ads in almost all of Britain’s national newspapers Sunday to apologize for a huge data privacy scandal.

“We have a responsibility to protect your information. If we can’t we don’t deserve it,” the back page ads state.

Zuckerberg explained there was a quiz developed by a university researcher “that leaked Facebook data of millions of people in 2014”.

“This was a breach of trust, and I’m sorry we didn’t do more at the time. We’re now taking steps to make sure this doesn’t happen again,” he said.

The statement reflects public statements Zuckerberg made last week after the row prompted investigations in Europe and the United States, and sent Facebook’s share price plunging.

“This was a breach of trust, and I’m sorry we didn’t do more at the time. We’re now taking steps to make sure this doesn’t happen again,” he said.

The statement reflects public statements Zuckerberg made last week after the row prompted investigations in Europe and the United States, and sent Facebook’s share price plunging.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment
Forum | 1 week ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment

Actress, Sarah Martins Apologises For Blaming Adanma Luke Over Junior Pope’s Death
Forum | 1 week ago

Actress, Sarah Martins Apologises For Blaming Adanma Luke Over Junior Pope’s Death

“You enter cell them dey treat you like bandit; Bobrisky na VIP for cell” – Blessing CEO slams Verydarkman
Forum | 1 week ago

“You enter cell them dey treat you like bandit; Bobrisky na VIP for cell” – Blessing CEO slams Verydarkman

Blessing CEO Hits Studio to Record Diss Track for Verydarkman
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Blessing CEO Hits Studio to Record Diss Track for Verydarkman