Pep Guardiola reveals what makes Kevin De Bruyne 'unstoppable'

Forum 1 year ago

Pep Guardiola reveals what makes Kevin De Bruyne 'unstoppable'

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has described Kevin De Bruyne as ‘unstoppable’ when he has the kind of ‘fire inside him’ that was on display against Liverpool on Thursday night.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1f84ff8814cc6b969afc6de31bab9d77.jpg

De Bruyne was the star of the show as City knocked their Premier League rivals out of the Carabao Cup, his first game since a disappointing World Cup campaign with Belgium that saw the Red Devils underperform and exit the tournament at the group stage.

Back in City colours, De Bruyne put on a masterful display. He assisted two of City’s three goals on the night and sent multiple other world class deliveries into the penalty area.

“Kevin, when he plays with this fire inside of him – he has to find himself this fire – what a player,” Guardiola told Sky Sports afterwards.

“Always I push him to find this fire, sometimes he’s a little bit… I know there’s a lot of games but in important games when he has this, unstoppable.”

De Bruyne, now 31, has spent seven and a half year at City following 2015 transfer from Wolfsburg. He remains until contract until 2025, by which time he will have spent a full decade at the Etihad Stadium, matching departed club legends like Vincent Kompany, David Silva and Sergio Aguero.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yul Edochie Makes Special Vow to 2nd Wife Judy Austin
Forum | 12 hours ago

Yul Edochie Makes Special Vow to 2nd Wife Judy Austin

UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: Harry Kane reveals what Bellingham told him before his penalty against Real Madrid

BLord Shares Grass-to-Grace Journey, Reveals Net Worth
Forum | 2 days ago

BLord Shares Grass-to-Grace Journey, Reveals Net Worth

UCL: It’s going to happen – Tuchel reveals Bayern Munich player that’ll score against Real Madrid
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: It’s going to happen – Tuchel reveals Bayern Munich player that’ll score against Real Madrid