Jorginho gives update on his Chelsea future

Forum 1 year ago

Jorginho gives update on his Chelsea future

Chelsea midfielder Jorginho says he is happy at Stamford Bridge and would like to extend his contract with the club - but insists he is not thinking about his future for the time being, despite his contract expiring in the summer.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fa294d4780e3a1b4d6d8fc65b0abd2d9.jpg

Jorginho signed for Chelsea in 2018 as the first signing of then-Blues manager Maurizio Sarri, with the pair having previously worked together at Napoli.

Though Sarri lasted only one season at the club and Jorginho's role as a deep-lying playmaker was heavily scrutinised upon his move to England, the midfielder has been able to adapt his game and continue to play a key role at the club under a succession of managers.

The 31-year-old was part of the Chelsea side that won the Champions League in 2021 and won the European Championship with Italy the same year, earning him a third-place finish in the race for the Ballon d'Or.

When asked if he would like to stay at Chelsea during an interview with TalkSPORT, Jorginho replied: “Of course I do, I love Chelsea. But this is a thing I’m not going to think about now.

“I need to think about winning games. Otherwise it’s a problem. I’ll focus game by game and then we’ll see what’s going to happen.

“But my mind is on Chelsea now and trying to win as many games as possible.”

Jorginho will be free to talk to clubs outside of England about a pre-contractual agreement from January, meaning he could agree to join another club upon the expiry of his Chelsea contract. For the time being, though, it seems his focus is entirely on his current side.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update
Forum | 2 days ago

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update

Chichi Overjoyed as Cardi B Gives Her Shout-out For the Second Time
Forum | 2 days ago

Chichi Overjoyed as Cardi B Gives Her Shout-out For the Second Time

Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director
Forum | 3 days ago

Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’
Forum | 3 days ago

3 Body Problem Season 2 Update Given by Creator: ‘Really Wild in the Best Possible Way’