Chelsea confirm appointment of Christopher Vivell as technical director

Forum 1 year ago

Chelsea confirm appointment of Christopher Vivell as technical director

Chelsea have announced that Christopher Vivell has joined the club as their new technical director.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f6b39dae97fdf3f8f3e83b76254db29c.jpg

The German will join immediately following previous stints at RB Leipzig and Red Bull Salzburg.

90min reported back in October that Vivell had agreed a move to Stamford Bridge, and Chelsea confirmed the appointment on Wednesday.

"Chelsea FC is pleased to announce the appointment of Christopher Vivell. He joins immediately as the new technical director of Chelsea FC," the club said in a statement.

Vivell joins a revamped recruitment team in west London, and he is looking forward to working with head coach Graham Potter.

"Chelsea are building the most exciting project in global football and I’m extremely proud to be joining the club. There is so much potential for the club to continue to succeed, develop and grow. Under the new ownership, Graham Potter and the broader sporting team, there is a clear and sustainable philosophy underpinned by performance analysis, data and innovation, and I am looking forward to playing a part in that," Vivell said.

Chairman Todd Boehly and co-owner Behdad Eghbali added: "We are delighted that Christopher is taking up this important leadership role at the club. His work in Germany and Austria speaks for itself. We are confident he will continue on his impressive trajectory here at Chelsea.

"He will provide important support to Graham and the ownership group and play a vital part in advancing our overall vision for the club."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie

Chris Farley Biopic to Star Paul Walter Hauser, Director Revealed
Forum | 1 week ago

Chris Farley Biopic to Star Paul Walter Hauser, Director Revealed

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: 11 Chelsea players miss training ahead of Everton clash

Director Adanma Luke Ordered My Arrest After Escaping Accident That Killed Junior Pope – TC Virus
Forum | 1 week ago

Director Adanma Luke Ordered My Arrest After Escaping Accident That Killed Junior Pope – TC Virus