75% Ownership of MTN Nigeria Has Been Acquired by Indians: Minister of Science and Technology.

Forum 7 years ago

75% Ownership of MTN Nigeria Has Been Acquired by Indians: Minister of Science and Technology.

The Minister of Science & Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu, has expressed his dissatisfaction with the ownership of MTN Nigeria during the inaugural press conference of the Computer-Based Test, (CBT) Centre Proprietors’ Association of Nigeria, (CPAN).

According to him:“Not less than 75 percent ownership of MTN has been acquired by Indians.”

“Indians are gradually buying over MTN in Nigeria now and one of the bad things about this development is that the Indians now have the capacity to administer what MTN does by physically employing Nigerians.

“They want the capacity to do that from their country and if we in Nigeria allow all these opportunities to go, it will not speak well.“

You people are doing a great work.

The government does not want people from other countries to come and take away our technology. I believe that if we have associations like CPAN, they can regroup from the telecom companies they can take back what Indians have taken away from Nigeria.

“MTN Nigeria is actually a Nigerian company, they came from South Africa but who are the people doing the work, are they not Nigerians?”

A visit to Bloomberg reveals that MTN Nigeria currently has 6 Nigerians on its 14-member board

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist

Nigerian Army Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Neutralize Notorious Terrorist In Taraba
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerian Army Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Neutralize Notorious Terrorist In Taraba

Nigerian Police Arrest Trigger-Happy Officer Who Shot Dead Businessman In Abia For Refusing To Give Bribe
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerian Police Arrest Trigger-Happy Officer Who Shot Dead Businessman In Abia For Refusing To Give Bribe