Rapper Drake Loses $1m Bet Even Though He Picked Argentina To Win France In W'Cup Final

Forum 1 year ago

Rapper Drake Loses $1m Bet Even Though He Picked Argentina To Win France In W'Cup Final

Rapper Drake has lost $1 million bet in the 2022 Qatar World Cup game between Argentina and France.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ca4d9ac4429d8afd01f099c2679104db.jpg

Even though he picked Argentina to win, he still lost the bet after Messi-led Argentina won the 2022 World Cup via penalty shootout.

The Canadian rapper Drake had place $1million bet on the South American team to defeat France during the normal 90 minutes. Argentina won via penalty but the 90 minutes had ended 3-3.

In a video posted on Twitter the day before Argentina battled France, Drake was seen picking the Lionel Messi-led side to win the match. Drake reportedly lost his money thanks to the rules on the betting platform.

According to Fox News, the issue was that Drake “bet in a market where extra time isn’t counted and the result is determined based on the score after 90 minutes of play."

As at 90 minutes full-time at the World Cup finals on Sunday in Qatar, Argentina and France were on a 2-2 draw, before playing extra-time were they both levelled at 3-3 and eventually going into penalties that saw Argentina defeat France 4-2.

Had Drake’s bet paid off, the singer would’ve walked away with $2.75 million, a win of $1.75 million.

Also in November, Drake lost $2million after placing a bet that Israel Adesanya would beat Alex Pereira in a UFC fight, which unfortunately Adesanya lost.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Euro 2024: Mourinho picks three favourite teams to win trophy
Forum | 10 hours ago

Euro 2024: Mourinho picks three favourite teams to win trophy

UCL: I’m sure – Thomas Tuchel predicts team to play final in Wembley
Forum | 21 hours ago

UCL: I’m sure – Thomas Tuchel predicts team to play final in Wembley

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Final Trailer Teases Major Monkey Deaths
Forum | 1 day ago

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Final Trailer Teases Major Monkey Deaths