Lionel Messi breaks Instagram record with World Cup post

Forum 1 year ago

Lionel Messi breaks Instagram record with World Cup post

Lionel Messi's first Instagram post after winning the World Cup has become the most liked image in the social media platform's history.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3dc9ef25506d03936cd517a45779e23b.jpg

The Argentine headed into this World Cup knowing it would almost definitely be the last chance he'd get to win the biggest prize in football.

He and Argentina ultimately won in stunning fashion, with the forward grabbing seven goals including two in the final to lead his nation to glory and become the undisputed greatest player of all time.

Messi's triumph was celebrated not only by Argentina supporters but throughout the world of football with fans all over the world delighted he finally became a world champion.

That was very much evident in his Instagram post, and it has now amassed more likes than any other - overtaking the 53 million tally of the famous world record egg picture.

"I dreamt it so many times, I wanted it so much that I still can't believe it," Messi said in his post.

"Many thanks to my family, to all those who support me and also to all those who believed in us. We showed once again that Argentines, when we fight together and united, are capable of achieving whatever we set our minds to.

"The merit belongs to this group, which is above the individualities, it is the strength of all fighting for the same dream that was also the dream of all Argentines... We did it!!!"

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
It
Forum | 1 day ago

It's Difficult To Say RIP - Zubby Michael Posts Junior Pope On Instagram After He Was Dragged For Not Mourning

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

Davido Reveals Fate Of Peruzzi, Other DMW Artists As He Launches New Record Label
Forum | 6 days ago

Davido Reveals Fate Of Peruzzi, Other DMW Artists As He Launches New Record Label

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 4 days ago

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino