John Terry takes ironic dig at Sergio Aguero for World Cup celebrations

Forum 1 year ago

John Terry takes ironic dig at Sergio Aguero for World Cup celebrations

Chelsea legend John Terry couldn’t resist poking fun at Sergio Aguero - and himself - following Argentina’s World Cup final celebrations.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b4ec969f83fdc6cce496007b0e731238.jpg

Aguero was forced to retire a year ago at the age of just 33 due to a heart condition, meaning he was unable to help Argentina on the pitch in Qatar.

He has stayed close to the squad, though, with Lionel Messi an especially close friend.

Following Argentina’s penalty shootout win against France, Aguero borrowed a shirt from former Manchester City teammate Nicolas Otamendi and joined in the celebrations – including lifting the trophy on the podium.

Terry famously did the same thing at the 2012 Champions League final when he appeared in full kit, including shin pads, to lift the trophy despite being suspended for the game itself.

Watching the game as a pundit for beIN SPORTS, Terry quipped: “Aguero has gone for the full John Terry there hasn’t he?! I did it first.”

He also commented on it on Twitter, jesting: “If your [sic] going to do it, at least go for it and put the shin pads and boots on.”

Former Chelsea teammate Ramires later claimed that the full-kit antics were not John Terry’s idea at all, but something the club made him do.

“All of us changed post-match,” Ramires told FourFourTwo in 2020.

“The idea came from the club, because they wanted everyone ready for the team photo.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
John Krasinski’s IF Box Office Tracking Numbers Predict Strong Opening
Forum | 1 week ago

John Krasinski’s IF Box Office Tracking Numbers Predict Strong Opening

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 1 week ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish