Kylian Mbappe wins World Cup Golden Boot

Forum 1 year ago

Kylian Mbappe wins World Cup Golden Boot

Kylian Mbappe has won the World Cup Golden Boot award following his hat-trick in France's defeat to Argentina in the tournament's final.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d82b74d9143a7ad32e074b03ce6a0a33.jpg

The 23-year-old put together another stellar campaign in the tournament, setting the world alight despite being unable to replicate France's triumph of 2018.

While he didn't win the trophy back-to-back, his all-time performance in the final will go down in history and caps off an exceptional showing, having bagged eight goals throughout the tournament.

He started with intent with a goal and an assist in matchday one against Australia and followed that up with a brace against Denmark.

Mbappe then stepped up once more to single-handedly dump Poland out of the last 16, bagging a brace and assisting in a comprehensive 3-1 victory.

He then had to wait until the final for his next goal but entered the game knowing he could not only win his nation the World Cup, but also lift a Golden Boot. He did so by becoming only the second person in the history of the tournament to bag a hat-trick in the final.

Mbappe's individual performance despite France's initial struggles cannot be overlooked. At just 23, he is comfortably the best player in the world and is already forcing himself into the conversation of the greatest footballers ever.

His exploits in the Middle East mean he's now scored 12 times at the World Cup, putting him level with Pele and just four goals behind Miroslav Klose, who holds the record with 16 goals.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: Real Madrid will beat PSG in final, I’ll smash Mbappe – Rudiger
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: Real Madrid will beat PSG in final, I’ll smash Mbappe – Rudiger

Nnadozie wins best goalkeeper award in France
Forum | 3 days ago

Nnadozie wins best goalkeeper award in France

Serie A: Osimhen on target for Napoli, Lookman wins for Atalanta
Forum | 4 days ago

Serie A: Osimhen on target for Napoli, Lookman wins for Atalanta

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 1 week ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday