Wizkid Owes Nigerian Rappers Apology — Nigerian Singer Speaks

Forum 1 year ago

Wizkid Owes Nigerian Rappers Apology — Nigerian Singer Speaks

Prince Richards, a Nigerian singer, who is also known as Maskking, has spoken about the world-famous superstar, Ayodeji Balogun, aka Wizkid.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/26695200e0800508d745acd0ac5d14d5.jpeg

Maskking is of the opinion that Wizkid owes Nigerian rappers an apology for labeling them as broke and saying that rap was dead.

Masking, who describes himself as a retro-afrobeat singer and an Afro-conscious philosopher and music producer went on to describe the ‘Essence’ singer’s statement as depressing.

In a statement sent to Saturday Beats, he said, “I believe that we should be more loyal to our values than people. People are usually carried away by star power, which often makes them unable to criticise a wrong most times. They are very afraid to criticise the wrongs of their icons because of their loyalty.

“Wizkid owes the Nigerian rap community, and music lovers, an apology. His recent comments have left more to be desired from him.

“This is the person that recently said he would be having his last show in Lagos— the city that made him. His statements were depressing.”

Maintaining that being a popular figure did not put one above mistakes. He said, “Does being a superstar put one above making errors? There is no human being that is perfect. I advise Nigerians to abandon the bandwagon mentality of idolising people and failing to see their flaws.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car
Forum | 17 hours ago

Singer, Shine TTW Narrates How Lagos Policemen Damaged His Car

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 2 days ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024
Forum | 3 days ago

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 3 days ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani