France virus outbreak continues as five players fall ill before World Cup final

Forum 1 year ago

France virus outbreak continues as five players fall ill before World Cup final

Raphael Varane and Ibrahima Konate are the latest players to fall ill in the France squad ahead of Sunday's World Cup final against Argentina, taking the total up to five.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f2ef865b4d9448996819734b8b2a4b11.jpg

France manager Didier Deschamps had already confirmed that winger Kingsley Coman was the third player, while both Adrien Rabiot and Dayot Upamecano had been unavailable for the semi-final victory over Croatia after contracting a virus which a handful of players have attributed to the air conditioning systems present in the stadiums in Qatar.

Coman complained of flu-like symptoms and Deschamps admitted on Friday morning that France face a battle to avoid an outbreak in the camp ahead of the final against Argentina in two days.

"Coman had a fever this morning," Deschamps said. "We have had a few cases of flu-like symptoms. We are trying to be careful so that it does not spread. The players have put in a great effort on the pitch and obviously their immune systems have suffered.

"Dayot Upamecano felt bad right after the game against England. It happens when you exert yourself so much, you are more prone to getting these viruses. We're taking all the necessary precautions."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UNILORIN SUG notice to final year students
Forum | 14 hours ago

UNILORIN SUG notice to final year students

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 16 hours ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

The Fall Guy’s Amber Heard & Johnny Depp Joke Sparks Controversy
Forum | 1 day ago

The Fall Guy’s Amber Heard & Johnny Depp Joke Sparks Controversy