East-West Road Project To Cost N200bn – Fashola

Forum 1 year ago

East-West Road Project To Cost N200bn – Fashola

Babatunde Raji Fashola, the Minister of Works and Housing, has disclosed that the construction work on the East-West road will cost N200 billion, including N13 billion on the failed Eleme axis of the road.
https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e200f88c65334a7ee759b80abfe154f3.jpeg
Fashola said this on Wednesday, December 14 during a visit to Rivers State to check out the work on the 38km Bodo-Bonny link road under construction.

Fashola explained that funding for the N200 billion project was under a tax credit scheme arrangement between the Federal Government and Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas NLNG, though it was a full government project.

“We are trying to connect two communities of Rivers, Bodo on the mainland and Bonny on the island. And it’s instructive to point out because I hear some comments that the Federal Government is not doing anything in Rivers.

“Bodo and Bonny are parts of Rivers. This is an investment of N200 billion in one state. But the money is not as important as its long-term significance. So, when you talk about poverty and you see a report about 133 million people in poverty, yes, those are the problems, but what are the solutions? This is one of the solutions.

“The project will be finished next year, and for clarity, it is funded by a policy of this government – the tax credit scheme initiated by President Buhari in 2019. So, NLNG is investing in it and the Federal Government is paying them back by giving them tax waivers over time,
” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
X-Men ’97 Clip Previews the Summers’ Explosive Road Trip
Forum | 1 day ago

X-Men ’97 Clip Previews the Summers’ Explosive Road Trip

The Lazarus Project Season 2 Trailer Sets TNT Premiere DateThe Lazarus Project Season 2 Trailer Sets TNT Premiere Date
Forum | 1 day ago

The Lazarus Project Season 2 Trailer Sets TNT Premiere DateThe Lazarus Project Season 2 Trailer Sets TNT Premiere Date

EPL: Lehmann identifies what’ll cost Arsenal title
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Lehmann identifies what’ll cost Arsenal title

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham