Szymon Marciniak confirmed as referee for 2022 World Cup final

Forum 1 year ago

Szymon Marciniak confirmed as referee for 2022 World Cup final

Polish referee Szymon Marciniak has been given the whistle for the 2022 World Cup final between Argentina and France.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/818622d227787aefb3ba7121992b3769.jpg

Marciniak becomes the first Poland native to be given the honour and will be joined by fellow Poles Pawel Sokolnicki and Tomasz Listkiewicz on the sidelines.

He was heavily involved in the 2021/22 Champions League, refereeing four group stage games and two in the last 16, before taking charge of Chelsea's 3-2 victory over Real Madrid in the quarter-final and Liverpool's triumph against Villarreal in the semi-final - the first time a Polish official had ever taken charge of a major European semi-final.

This winter, Marciniak has taken charge of two games and, coincidentally, has officiated over both France and Argentina already.

He had the whistle in the group stage as France saw off Denmark 2-1, handing out three yellow cards as a late goal from Kylian Mbappe secured the win for Les Bleus.

After that, Marciniak took charge of Argentina's round-of-16 victory over Australia, which also ended 2-1.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Destroy All Neighbors DVD Release Date Confirmed for Gory Comedy

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 1 day ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

Moment Bride Arrives School in Wedding Gown to Write Her Final Exam
Forum | 2 days ago

Moment Bride Arrives School in Wedding Gown to Write Her Final Exam

Two Officers And Four Soldiers Confirmed Killed by Terrorists in Niger State
Forum | 3 days ago

Two Officers And Four Soldiers Confirmed Killed by Terrorists in Niger State