Bobrisky, Others Win As Bill Seeking To Ban Cross-Dressing Suffers Setback

Forum 1 year ago

Bobrisky, Others Win As Bill Seeking To Ban Cross-Dressing Suffers Setback

A bill seeking to ban cross-dressing has been stepped down on Tuesday.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2e3891df1ed7513fc4a6c2687edf1426.jpg

The sponsor of the bill, Muda Lawal was asked to step down the bill by the Deputy Speaker, Idris Wase, who said the argument by the sponsor is not convincing enough.

The bill seeks to amend the same-s3x marriage (prohibition) act of 2013 by including cross-dressing as one of the offences under the act.

In recent times, some crossdressers have become very popular in Nigeria. Some of the notable cross-dressers in the country include Idris Olanrewaju, also known as Bobrisky and James Brown.

With this proposed law, crossdressers now risk 6 months in prison if passed.

Recall that same-s3x couples and gay persons face 14 years in jail if convicted by a court.

“A person engaging in cross-dressing is guilty of an offence and liable to imprisonment of 6 months or a fine of five hundred thousand naira.”

It is worth adding that this is not a rejection of the bill, it could still be debated again if the sponsor provides a convincing argument.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Cross River Governor Announces New Minimum Wage for Workers
Forum | 3 hours ago

Cross River Governor Announces New Minimum Wage for Workers

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

Euro 2024: Mourinho picks three favourite teams to win trophy
Forum | 1 day ago

Euro 2024: Mourinho picks three favourite teams to win trophy

Cross: Amazon Renews Aldis Hodge Series for Season 2, Season 1 Still Doesn’t Have Premiere Date
Forum | 1 day ago

Cross: Amazon Renews Aldis Hodge Series for Season 2, Season 1 Still Doesn’t Have Premiere Date