Liverpool legend gives verdict on midfield target Yunus Musah

Forum 1 year ago

Liverpool legend gives verdict on midfield target Yunus Musah

Liverpool legend Steve Nicol doesn't believe American midfielder Yunus Musah is ready to join the 19-time English champions just yet.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/44c8b098fa7ae8b1216f59c9488b4ea5.jpg

As reported by 90min, the Reds have already made contact with the Valencia youngster to register their interest in a transfer. Chelsea have done the same, while Arsenal are also tracking his progress.

Musah only turned 20 in November but has already clocked up vast experience, making 81 senior appearances for Valencia, scoring five goals and assisting another three. At international level, Musah has 22 caps for the USMNT after previously representing England across various youth levels, starting all four games in the Stars and Stripes' recent 2022 World Cup campaign.

With that sort of pedigree, it's only a matter of time until Musah makes a move to an elite European club but, according to Nicol, he's not ready for Liverpool just yet.

“Not yet,” Nicol replied to ESPN when asked if the midfielder had enough quality to play for Liverpool.

The former right-back added: “I mean he has had a good World Cup as far as the dirty side of the game, the running, the challenging, the winning the ball back. You could argue that Liverpool’s best team, they had three guys in the middle of the park that were really good at that. But no, I don't think he’s close to Liverpool yet.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job
Forum | 12 mins ago

Mourinho gives conditions for next managerial job

SPORT 2 hours ago EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold
Forum | 2 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago EPL: How Liverpool caused Arsenal’s 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa – Alexander-Arnold

SPORT 2 hours ago Transfer: Club Brugge target summer move for Nigerian striker
Forum | 2 days ago

SPORT 2 hours ago Transfer: Club Brugge target summer move for Nigerian striker

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update
Forum | 5 days ago

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update