Ang Lee to Direct Bruce Lee Biopic Starring Son Mason Lee

Forum 1 year ago

Ang Lee to Direct Bruce Lee Biopic Starring Son Mason Lee

Ang Lee is set to direct a film about Chinese American martial arts legend Bruce Lee, according to a recent report from Variety.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5a18b39d7fff7a250dc1d6dd352446c8.jpg

Ang Lee, who has directed past hits such as Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Life of Pi, and Brokeback Mountain, will direct the feature that is set to star his son, Mason Lee, in the lead role of Bruce Lee. The film will be written by Dan Futterman (Capote, Foxcatcher), with Jean Castelli, Alex Law, Mabel Cheung, and Wells Tower writing earlier versions of the screenplay.

Not too much about the film is known as of now, but in a statement on the movie, Ang Lee said that he “felt compelled” to tell the story of Bruce, as he finds similarities between himself and the martial artist in their life stories.

“Accepted as neither fully American nor fully Chinese, Bruce Lee was a bridge between East and West who introduced Chinese Kung Fu to the world, a scientist of combat, and an iconic performing artist who revolutionized both the martial arts and action cinema,” Ang Lee said in a statement. “I feel compelled to tell the story of this brilliant, unique human being who yearned for belonging, possessed tremendous power in a 135-pound-frame, and who, through tireless hard work, made impossible dreams into reality.”

Prior to his death in 1973 at the age of 32, Lee had an impactful time in Hollywood as both an actor and director. Starring in films like Fist of Fury, Enter the Dragon, and The Way of the Dragon, Lee quickly became one of the most iconic martial artists of all time and is still beloved around the world.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence
Forum | 2 days ago

Martin Scorsese Hoping to Make Frank Sinatra Biopic With Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence

Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth
Forum | 2 days ago

Family Kicks, Accuses Lagos Hospital Of Negligence, Incompetence As Mother, Son Die During Childbirth

Mercy Photos: Production Begins on Amazon’s Sci-Fi Thriller Starring Chris Pratt
Forum | 3 days ago

Mercy Photos: Production Begins on Amazon’s Sci-Fi Thriller Starring Chris Pratt

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals
Forum | 3 days ago

How My Son Was Killed By Vigilante Group – Bauchi District Head Reveals