England qualify for World Cup knockout stages

1 month ago

England are through to the knockout stages of the 2022 World Cup after Tuesday's 3-0 victory over Wales.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1f54b19a23c7da751411c2bc0630140f.jpg

The Three Lions headed into their final group game top of the standings on four points following a victory over Iran and a draw with the USA, safe in the knowledge that a draw against Wales would be enough to seal their spot in the next round.

Gareth Southgate named a strong lineup, with the likes of Harry Kane, Jude Bellingham and Phil Foden all starting, and England secured the points they needed with a 3-0 win.

After a slow first half, the game came to life thanks to an electric showing from Marcus Rashford, who netted a glorious free-kick seconds before Phil Foden tapped home to make it two.

Rashford added a third shortly after, allowing England to cruise into the next round.

As winners of Group B, England will face the runners-up of Group A. Senegal claimed that spot earlier on Tuesday following their 2-1 victory over Ecuador.

Comment Box is loading comments...
Related Forums
WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM 2023: Key takeaways for Nigeria as new regime sets in the horizon
Forum

WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM 2023: Key takeaways for Nigeria as new regime sets in the horizon

4 days ago
Britain
Forum

Britain's most dangerous serial killer, Robert Maudsley 'sets world record for time spent in solitary confinement' after spending more than 16,400 days in his private underground cell

5 days ago
Captain America: New World Order Adds Xosha Roquemore
Forum

Captain America: New World Order Adds Xosha Roquemore

6 days ago
I Pick His Eyesight Over Any Boxing Match – DJ Cuppy Reacts To Fiancé, Ryan Taylor’s Early Knockout In Boxing Match
Forum

I Pick His Eyesight Over Any Boxing Match – DJ Cuppy Reacts To Fiancé, Ryan Taylor’s Early Knockout In Boxing Match

1 week ago