Marcus Rashford reacts to match-winning performance vs Wales

2 months ago

Marcus Rashford said it was a ‘great feeling’ to fire England into the last 16 of the World Cup.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/291c104b7fecc7baefed489f5950abee.jpg

The Manchester United man scored twice in the 3-0 win over Wales with the first coming from a free-kick – the first scored at the World Cup so far.

Rashford has had his troubles with form over the last couple of years, and he was just happy to see it all coming back together at the perfect time.

“I fancied a free-kick in the first half, but the one in the second half was in a better position,” Rashford told BBC Sport. “From there it’s about being calm and executing what you do in training. They don’t go in often but I was glad it did today.

“It’s a great feeling. We were a bit disappointed after the USA game, and the only way to bounce back is to have a good performance in your next game; I thought we did it. It was just about taking the chances when they came."

England enjoyed plenty of the ball in the first half but they had to wait until after the break for the game to open up.

Comment Box is loading comments...
Related Forums
Erik ten Hag reacts to viral interview with Johan Cruyff
Forum

Erik ten Hag reacts to viral interview with Johan Cruyff

3 hours ago
Burna Boy Reacts As South African Artiste, Gigi Lamayne Confesses That She
Forum

Burna Boy Reacts As South African Artiste, Gigi Lamayne Confesses That She's In Love With Him

4 hours ago
DSS Reacts To Reports Of Poisioning Nnamdi Kanu In Detention
Forum

DSS Reacts To Reports Of Poisioning Nnamdi Kanu In Detention

7 hours ago
Harry Maguire reacts to limited playing time under Erik ten Hag at Man Utd
Forum

Harry Maguire reacts to limited playing time under Erik ten Hag at Man Utd

21 hours ago