England qualify for World Cup knockout stages

Forum 1 year ago

England qualify for World Cup knockout stages

England are through to the knockout stages of the 2022 World Cup after Tuesday's 3-0 victory over Wales.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1f54b19a23c7da751411c2bc0630140f.jpg

The Three Lions headed into their final group game top of the standings on four points following a victory over Iran and a draw with the USA, safe in the knowledge that a draw against Wales would be enough to seal their spot in the next round.

Gareth Southgate named a strong lineup, with the likes of Harry Kane, Jude Bellingham and Phil Foden all starting, and England secured the points they needed with a 3-0 win.

After a slow first half, the game came to life thanks to an electric showing from Marcus Rashford, who netted a glorious free-kick seconds before Phil Foden tapped home to make it two.

Rashford added a third shortly after, allowing England to cruise into the next round.

As winners of Group B, England will face the runners-up of Group A. Senegal claimed that spot earlier on Tuesday following their 2-1 victory over Ecuador.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 1 day ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

FA Cup: Man City defeat Chelsea, qualify for final
Forum | 5 days ago

FA Cup: Man City defeat Chelsea, qualify for final

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino
Forum | 3 days ago

FA Cup Semi-Final: Why Chelsea lost to Man City – Pochettino

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa
Forum | 6 days ago

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa