Just Cause: Scarlett Johansson to Lead Limited Series Adaptation

Forum 1 year ago

Just Cause: Scarlett Johansson to Lead Limited Series Adaptation

According to Deadline, Oscar nominee Scarlett Johansson has officially signed on for her first major TV series in the form of Amazon Studios’ upcoming series adaptation of Just Cause, based on John Katzenbach’s 1992 novel. Interestingly, the Marvel vet previously starred in the 1995 film adaptation of the novel opposite Sean Connery.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/16a66522c72d0d6c18169f5f1d357ef0.jpg

Just Cause is written and executive produced by Christy Hall. The limited drama will feature Johansson playing the leading role of Madison Cowart, a struggling reporter for a Florida newspaper sent to cover the final days of an inmate on death row. The character is originally a male editorial writer in the novel.

The project is being developed for Prime Video. Executive producers are Johansson, Jonathan Lia, and Keenan Flynn of These Pictures, with Zara Duffy overseeing it. The limited series hails from Warner Bros. TV.

Johansson gained worldwide recognition for her role as Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow in the blockbuster franchise of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Her other notable film credits include Lost in Translation, The Perfect Score, Don Jon, Under the Skin, Her, Chef, Lucy, and “Rough Night.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Ritual Cast: Al Pacino & Dan Stevens to Lead Exorcism Horror Movie
Forum | 17 hours ago

The Ritual Cast: Al Pacino & Dan Stevens to Lead Exorcism Horror Movie

Orphan: Dulé Hill and Sarayu Blue Join Hulu Limited Series
Forum | 23 hours ago

Orphan: Dulé Hill and Sarayu Blue Join Hulu Limited Series

Everything I Never Did: Mckenna Grace to Lead Teen Romance Drama
Forum | 1 day ago

Everything I Never Did: Mckenna Grace to Lead Teen Romance Drama

Twilight of the Gods: Zack Snyder’s Animated Netflix Series Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 1 day ago

Twilight of the Gods: Zack Snyder’s Animated Netflix Series Gets Release Date Window