Kevin Bacon Opens Up on Playing Himself in Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special

Forum 1 year ago

Kevin Bacon Opens Up on Playing Himself in Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special

Kevin Bacon is set to appear as himself in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special on Disney+. Despite being a more comedic role for Bacon, the actor recently said he was more than willing to help make fun of himself.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ccd6c2bf545c7e2f91a90e7143ff034f.jpg

In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Bacon said that he has no problem playing a heightened version of himself and doesn’t often get the chance to participate in “fun and silly” content, so he didn’t mind joining. Bacon also commented that when you walk onto the set of a Marvel film, it does often feel like another universe.

“I like to make fun of myself or play some heightened version of me,” Bacon said. “I don’t get a chance to do things that are fun and silly that often. I’m often part of something more dramatic or some kind of darker, edgier stuff. So to go down and step into this world … I mean, they call it the Marvel Universe, but when you walk onto these sets, you really do feel like you’re walking in another universe.”

Bacon also spoke about his interactions with the characters and revealed that he never got to talk with any of the cast when they were outside of their makeup. Bacon noted that it was funny that he never got to meet with them as their normal selves, but he was simply walking around the set as himself at all times.

“I never saw the cast outside of their makeup, so meeting them was just like [their characters],” said Bacon. “I still, to this day, have never spent time with them in their own clothes. So, it’s kind of a funny thing to step into and have everybody call you Kevin Bacon all day long.”

The special, which will premiere on Disney+ on November 25, sees the Guardians traveling to Earth during Christmas time. Their goal is to find a gift for Star-Lord (Chris Pratt), who has been upset following Gamora’s disappearance at the end of Avengers: Endgame.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth

Marvel’s Thunderbolts Confirms Mysterious Title Change, Kevin Feige Promises More Details Coming
Forum | 6 days ago

Marvel’s Thunderbolts Confirms Mysterious Title Change, Kevin Feige Promises More Details Coming

The Fear Of Being Mocked Kept Me Silent – Nollywood Actor, Jamiu Azeez, Opens Op On Battle With Depression
Forum | 6 days ago

The Fear Of Being Mocked Kept Me Silent – Nollywood Actor, Jamiu Azeez, Opens Op On Battle With Depression

Gov Yahaya Extends Eid-el-Fitir Holiday In Gombe
Forum | 1 week ago

Gov Yahaya Extends Eid-el-Fitir Holiday In Gombe