Alfred Molina ‘Got Into Trouble’ Over Spider-Man: No Way Home Leak

Forum 1 year ago

Alfred Molina ‘Got Into Trouble’ Over Spider-Man: No Way Home Leak

Prior to Spider-Man: No Way Home releasing, star Alfred Molina infamously let it slip that he would be returning to the world of Spider-Man as Doc Ock. According to Molina, that move got him in a ton of trouble from those behind the scenes.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/03cef64795a46f9f7e37791a306a5ae5.jpg

In a recent interview with Radio Times, Molina was asked once again if he would be returning to a future Spider-Man film. This time around, though, Molina jokingly said his new answer is simply to neither confirm nor deny anything.

“I can neither confirm nor deny,” said Molina. “That’s the official line. I got into a bit of trouble over the last iteration because I happened to let the cat out of the bag quite innocently.”

Molina went on to discuss the moment, which occurred in April 2021, saw Molina reveal that he had been filming No Way Home as his iconic character Doc Ock. That was news to everyone and resulted in fans celebrating his return, while those at Marvel Studios were not happy to see the news leak.

“Just accidentally, I was talking to a journalist who said, ‘So, you know, how’s the Spider-Man movie going?’ And I went, ‘Oh, great. Thanks.’ Then literally the next day, Variety was like, ‘Alfred Molina reveals Doc Ock returns.’ And I got into such trouble,” said Molina. “I was getting phone calls from Amy Pascal, Kevin Feige was on the red carpet somewhere and somebody asked him about some Marvel movie and apparently he got a bit snippy and turned around and said, ‘Ask Alfred Molina.’ So I got into a little bit of hot water. So that’s the official line — I can neither confirm nor deny.”

While Molina’s answer isn’t likely to make fans want his return any less, it seems like the actor has learned from his previous slip-up, and won’t be commenting on any future MCU projects anytime soon.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher
Forum | 3 days ago

I Met Paul As A Single Man - Ivy Ifeoma Addresses Accusations Of Being A Husband Snatcher

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer
Forum | 3 days ago

One-Punch Man Live-Action Movie Enlists Rick & Morty Creator as Writer

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident
Forum | 3 days ago

Jnr Pope: Man Who Claims To Be The Captain Of The Boat Gives Account Of What Allegedly Transpired Before And After The Accident

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City