Nigerian mum shocked to discover that her daughter's basic 6 textbook was filled with sex stories

Forum 7 years ago

Nigerian mum shocked to discover that her daughter's basic 6 textbook was filled with sex stories

A Nigerian mum was shocked to discover that her 9-year-old daughter's textbook, was filled with sex-related stories.
The angry mum took to her social media account to call out the Minister of Education, asking the country's educational system is turning into after she went through her daughter’s textbook while she was doing her homework.

According to her, she's not against sex education, but not for that age
and class. She also talked about a similar experience she had 4 years ago on a Nursery 3 pupil's textbook.

Here's what she wrote;

"What has Nigerian Educational System turned into?

My 9 year old daughter was doing her home work and I decided to see what she was doing. Only for me to read the comprehension of the attached.

Is this right to be part of learning in school? I am not bothered with Sex Education but not for that age and class. The other day I saw a note she copied in class of how sexual intercourse leads to pregnancy. Detailing the J0yst!ck entering the Vagina and so on.

Who is the Minister of Education approving this books? What is the world turning into?

4 years ago I also saw a Nursery III Textbook using G is for gun. Gun is used for shooting and killing. Seriously? What about G for Goat, Groundnut, Gas etc. And the Publishers publish this?"

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024
Forum | 5 hours ago

Zeribe Nwosu Foundation (ZNF) Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian Students, 2024

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 1 day ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa

In Some Part Of Lagos, Friends Now Exchange Their Wives During Weekends - Nigerian Activist Claims
Forum | 1 day ago

In Some Part Of Lagos, Friends Now Exchange Their Wives During Weekends - Nigerian Activist Claims

List Of Nigerian Celebrities Prosecuted For Naira Mutilation
Forum | 1 day ago

List Of Nigerian Celebrities Prosecuted For Naira Mutilation