Melissa Joan Hart Open to Sabrina the Teenage Witch Reboot

Forum 1 year ago

Melissa Joan Hart Open to Sabrina the Teenage Witch Reboot

Sabrina the Teenage Witch was one of the biggest shows in the 1990s, and star Melissa Joan Hart recently said that she would be up for returning to the series if the opportunity were to come up.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9607ec0494c887e94a0f0f3a0178faeb.jpg

In a recent interview with the Associated Press, Hart was asked about the potential of a new series, to which the actress noted that it isn’t as easy getting that together as some fans may think.

“The answer to the Sabrina reboot question is, unfortunately, I can’t just point my finger and make it happen,” said Hart. “There’s so much red tape. Who owns it? Who would pay for it? What network would it be on?”

Hart was then asked whether she would be interested in a reboot of the series if there was one, to which the actress said she definitely would be. However, Hart noted, the series would have to do it “the right way,” and not like other failed rebooted series.

“I would totally be interested if it was the right way to do it,” explained Hart. “I feel like so many of these reboots were done wrong, so many were rushed, so many were not well thought out. And the thing is, sometimes it’s just that the fans, they think they want it, but the fanfiction is so much better.”

Originally premiering in 1996, the series — which is based on the Archie Comics series of the same name — focused on the life of Sabrina Spellman, a girl who learns that she has magical powers on her 16th birthday. The series co-starred Carolina Rhea and Beth Broderick as Sabrina’s aunts Hilda and Zelda, and also featured Nick Bakay as the talking cat Salem. The show ran for a total of seven seasons and was one of the highest-rated series among ABC’s “TGIF” lineups.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Two Nigerian Brothers Plead Guilty To S*xual Extortion In Us After Suicide Death Of Teenage Boy
Forum | 2 days ago

Two Nigerian Brothers Plead Guilty To S*xual Extortion In Us After Suicide Death Of Teenage Boy

Cold Case Reboot in the Works at CBS
Forum | 3 days ago

Cold Case Reboot in the Works at CBS

The Last Ronin: R-Rated Live-Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In Development
Forum | 4 days ago

The Last Ronin: R-Rated Live-Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In Development

Melrose Place Reboot in the Works Starring Heather Locklear, Other Original Cast Members
Forum | 4 days ago

Melrose Place Reboot in the Works Starring Heather Locklear, Other Original Cast Members