No reason to leave PDP for APC – Udeogu

Forum 1 year ago

No reason to leave PDP for APC – Udeogu

A former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ebonyi State, Fred Udeogu, has debunked the rumour that he has defected to the All Progressives Congress.

Reacting to the rumour on Saturday in a telephone interview with our correspondent, the PDP chieftain attributed it to the handiwork of mischief makers and political jobbers.

Udeogu, who is a member of the PDP Presidential Campaign Council, stated, “It’s not true. How can that be? Why will I leave the PDP for any party currently? As far as I’m concerned, the allegation is baseless.

“I have not left. I have not moved. I’m still very strong with the PDP. The PDP as a party has not done me any wrong. Its presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has done me no wrong. Its members and leaders, including Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, have done me no wrong. The PDP is still a very strong and united party and so people like us still believe in the party.

“So, whoever tells you that I have left the PDP is telling you a huge lie. And those are the people I call political jobbers and mischief makers. They are jobless, and to be relevant and recognised, they resort to social media and say all manner of things, both good and bad. But those who know us know they are liars. Therefore, I’m still with the PDP.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Fulham boss, Silva confirms Adarabioyo will leave this summer
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Fulham boss, Silva confirms Adarabioyo will leave this summer

Matawalle: Zamfara APC youths tackle Rep, Jaji, over alleged rented crowd
Forum | 3 days ago

Matawalle: Zamfara APC youths tackle Rep, Jaji, over alleged rented crowd

Steer clear, perish thoughts of forcefully taking over Rivers State – PDP warns APC
Forum | 3 days ago

Steer clear, perish thoughts of forcefully taking over Rivers State – PDP warns APC

PDP boycotting Yobe LG poll over fear of defeat – Gov Buni’s Aide
Forum | 3 days ago

PDP boycotting Yobe LG poll over fear of defeat – Gov Buni’s Aide