Robert Lewandowski admits Mexico can 'complicate' game vs Poland

Forum 1 year ago

Robert Lewandowski admits Mexico can 'complicate' game vs Poland

Robert Lewandowski warned the Polish national team not to underestimate Mexico ahead of their Group C World Cup clash on November 22, emphasizing El Tri’s potential will “complicate the game.”

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/499c4d076969a99575a28ff8b720cd40.jpg

Poland takes on Mexico in their inaugural match of the 2022 World Cup, raising the stakes. Though the Barcelona player remains confident his side can conquer, he warns a victory cannot be taken for granted.

"Mexico will complicate the game for us, but the first game will be important for us. Because if we win, the players will be more confident. We know the potential of Mexico, we will fight, we want to win and when we see that the players from Mexico have the quality, the full-backs are good, and we are prepared to stop the attack," he stated.

Lewandowski also revealed he anticipates Mexican national team defenders to take him on as a target, giving way for Poland to prepare accordingly.

"We are aware that the defenders will go towards me and I will be covered, but we know it. I think other players will use the fact that everyone will mark me and there will be more space, we are prepared for this. We are ready for this," he said.

Poland has failed to advance from the group stage in their last three World Cup appearances, managing only three points in the 2018, 2006 and 2002 editions. But Lewandowski remains confident the team can triumph this year.

"The pressure that comes with the expectations of our fans and the nation as a whole is massive and I'm well aware of it. I have to and want to feel motivated to show them what I can do on the football pitch," Lewandowski told FIFA.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 2 days ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

Net Worth Of Robert Hawking
Forum | 6 days ago

Net Worth Of Robert Hawking

EPL: We are in big trouble – Guardiola admits ahead of Man City vs Luton
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: We are in big trouble – Guardiola admits ahead of Man City vs Luton