I'm Better Looking And Still Playing At A High Level - Cristiano Ronaldo Explains Why Ex-teammate Rooney Criticizes Him

Forum 1 year ago

I'm Better Looking And Still Playing At A High Level - Cristiano Ronaldo Explains Why Ex-teammate Rooney Criticizes Him

Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed why ex-Man Utd teammate Wayne Rooney criticized him.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0a40d44f806369f53cbbe4cfe6349c8a.jpeg

Following his controversial interview, Rooney criticised the 37-year-old megastar for his behaviour at the club.

Recall that Ronaldo had notably left a match early which caused an altercation with his manager Erik ten Hag.

In a new interview with Piers Morgan, Ronaldo claims to feel "betrayed" by the Red Devils, having not been allowed to leave Old Trafford since he submitted a transfer request in the summer.

The Portuguese striker then ridiculed Rooney, who is four months younger than him but already retired. "I don't know why he criticises me so badly," Ronaldo declared on Piers Morgan Uncensored on TalkTV.

"Probably because he finished his career and I'm still playing at a high level. I'm not going to say that I'm looking better than him. Which is true," he added with a smile.

The Portugal captain, who's set to play at his fifth World Cup this month, then gave his take on what Sir Alex Ferguson might think about the Red Devils' situation, having not won a Premier League title in nearly a decade and firmly remaining behind their rivals.

"He knows better than anybody that the club is not on the path they deserve to be,"

He knows. Everyone knows. The people who don't see that… it's because they don't want to see; they are blind."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Prom Dates Trailer Previews Hulu’s High School Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

Prom Dates Trailer Previews Hulu’s High School Comedy

Baby Reindeer’s Richard Gadd Responds to Viewers Looking for Real-Life Martha and Darrien
Forum | 1 day ago

Baby Reindeer’s Richard Gadd Responds to Viewers Looking for Real-Life Martha and Darrien

Five-Year-Old Boy Falls From Fence To His Death While Playing With His Friends In Lagos
Forum | 4 days ago

Five-Year-Old Boy Falls From Fence To His Death While Playing With His Friends In Lagos

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa
Forum | 6 days ago

Ab*rtion Is Better Than Bringing A Child Into The World That You Cannot Take Care Of - Etinosa