Marcus Rashford explains where he has improved since England debut

Forum 1 year ago

Marcus Rashford explains where he has improved since England debut

As Marcus Rashford prepares to play in his fourth major tournament for England, the forward explains how he has improved since his first.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8a01dd11d569a419bdc58db1dba35228.jpg

At the start of the season, Rashford was very much in danger of not being included in England's World Cup squad after a poor 2021/22 campaign.

However, the Manchester United player has been much better this season, already equalling his Premier League goal tally from last year, and is going to Qatar with his country as a result.

It will be the fourth time that he has represented his nation at a major tournament with the first time coming in 2016, when he was selected by Roy Hodgson for the European Championship at the age of 18.

Looking back at that that time, he has picked out how he has improved as a player since then.

‘"I am more effective," he said as per the Daily Mail. "I get into more dangerous positions and that’s what it’s about for me because I can help the team win.

"Every game is about the end product and I have more of that. When you’re a young player, you want to go on the pitch and fully express yourself but the emphasis now is productivity."

He also says the style Erik ten Hag has implemented at Manchester United has helped him improve.

"The playing style we’ve created at United has helped me enjoy my football," he added.

"We are forward-thinking and creating better quality chances. The manager likes possession but he is all about going for the kill, and that’s what I am all about too."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Blink Twice Trailer Previews Zoë Kravitz’s Directorial Debut Thriller Movie Starring Channing Tatum
Forum | 11 hours ago

Blink Twice Trailer Previews Zoë Kravitz’s Directorial Debut Thriller Movie Starring Channing Tatum

Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder
Forum | 5 days ago

Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding
Forum | 1 week ago

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Geena Davis Explains Why She’s Not in Tim Burton’s Sequel
Forum | 1 week ago

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Geena Davis Explains Why She’s Not in Tim Burton’s Sequel