James Maddison offers update after West Ham injury scare

Forum 1 year ago

James Maddison offers update after West Ham injury scare

James Maddison has provided an update after coming off injured in Leicester's match against West Ham.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d49074c11131b512d08cc887a5307b5a.jpg

Maddison entered the match on a high after being a surprise inclusion in Gareth Southgate's England squad for the World Cup.

Things then got even better with the Leicester man giving his team the lead at West Ham eight minutes in.

However, just over 15 minutes later he was forced to come off after going down clutching his knee, casting his World Cup chances into doubt.

He's now clarified that it doesn't look like the injury is anything serious though.

“I should be fine, I think so,” he said regarding his chances of being fit enough to travel to Qatar.

Leciester got another goal in the second half to secure a 2-0 victory that moved them up to 12th in the Premier League table.

Their form has been much improved of late after a poor start to the season, and manager Brendan Rodgers puts that down largely to their defensive work.

“My message to the players was 'you cannot win games if you cannot defend'," he said after the match.

“Last month we spent a week just focusing on defending. That created a mindset."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
James Hope Business School schedule of fees for 2024/2025 session
Forum | 8 hours ago

James Hope Business School schedule of fees for 2024/2025 session

The Fall Guy 2 Update Given by Ryan Gosling
Forum | 23 hours ago

The Fall Guy 2 Update Given by Ryan Gosling

California Schemin’: James McAvoy’s Directorial Debut Movie Finds Its Leading Stars
Forum | 1 day ago

California Schemin’: James McAvoy’s Directorial Debut Movie Finds Its Leading Stars

Forum | 1 day ago