Jurgen Klopp praises star man in 'massive' Liverpool win

Forum 1 year ago

Jurgen Klopp praises star man in 'massive' Liverpool win

Jurgen Klopp was extremely complimentary of Mohamed Salah, whose brace capped off a spirited display to ensure Liverpool beat Tottenham on Sunday evening.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/324b68a8c5a2eb91355c8c0ad3b585d8.jpg

Salah fired the Reds ahead after just 11 minutes at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and doubled his side's lead before the half-time whistle, as Klopp's side left north London with a crucial 2-1 win.

Speaking after their first away win of their Premier League season, Klopp was delighted with Salah and the rest of the team.

"What pleased me tonight was he (Salah) scored two goals then played like a real team player, although I was not surprised about it," Klopp told Sky Sports: "It was all about first defending then you'll get your chances again. Really pleased for him, top performance."

He added, discussing the result: "Winning here is incredibly difficult. We have to show the attitude, the commitment to defending all the time.

"We have to show we're not punched too hard when we concede a goal. I liked that tonight."

Klopp admitted that he didn't want to see his side concede a goal, but praised their reaction to Harry Kane's second half consolation while remaining composed about the bigger picture.

"This is not the start or whatever (of a recovery), we're in a phase. But tonight we couldn't reach more than three points and we got them and that's massive."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Ronda Rousey To Write but Not Star in Netflix Biopic, Report Suggests
Forum | 1 day ago

Ronda Rousey To Write but Not Star in Netflix Biopic, Report Suggests

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

EPL: Football isn’t about big names – Pochettino on Chelsea’s win over Spurs
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Football isn’t about big names – Pochettino on Chelsea’s win over Spurs