Bruno Fernandes praises Alejandro Garnacho for 'attitude change'

Forum 1 year ago

Bruno Fernandes praises Alejandro Garnacho for 'attitude change'

Manchester United midfielder Bruno Fernandes has admitted young winger Alejandro Garnacho has earned minutes with the senior side after changing his attitude from the early stages of the campaign.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e6e2fa38d93a55bd1879e4464176c08a.jpg

The 18-year-old Argentine is among United's top young prospects and flashed his high potential as he scored the winning goal in the Red Devils' 1-0 victory over Real Sociedad on Thursday - a win which wasn't enough to seal top spot in their Europa League group, however.

It was Garnacho's seventh senior appearance for United and his second consecutive start in the Europa League, and Fernandes confessed that an attitude change from the teenager has seen him force his way into Erik ten Hag's thinking.

“He was good but he knows that we expect a lot from him," Fernandes told BT Sport. "Obviously, he’s still really young, he’s doing really well.

“At the beginning of the season, he was not at his best. In the tour, he didn’t have the best attitude that he should’ve had. That’s why he didn’t get his chances until now.

“He’s getting his chances because he’s training better, he’s having a different attitude and he’s deserving his chances.”

Ten Hag also touched on Garnacho's attitude in his post-match press conference, challenging the teenager to maintain his current levels in both matches and training.

“We are of course disappointed we didn’t succeed by scoring with a two-goal difference but we win, a clean sheet, positive we have extra options in the frontline with Garnacho, he’s developing very well,” the boss added.

“I hope he can keep that attitude like now, when he is reliable, you see he is a threat, he can create, he can give final passes and he can score goals, so it’s a good process.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

Rob Liefeld Praises Deadpool & Wolverine Action Scenes: ‘Best Action Since Winter Soldier’
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Rob Liefeld Praises Deadpool & Wolverine Action Scenes: ‘Best Action Since Winter Soldier’

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi

Serie A: AC Milan boss, Pioli praises Chukwueze ahead Leece clash
Forum | 1 month ago

Serie A: AC Milan boss, Pioli praises Chukwueze ahead Leece clash