Anthony Martial returns to Man Utd training

Forum 1 year ago

Anthony Martial returns to Man Utd training

Anthony Martial has returned to first-team training at Manchester United after missing most of the season so far through injury.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c4859ee81e2ed0f886d8ba142093cbed.jpg

The arrival of Erik ten Hag gave Martial the chance to revive his career at Old Trafford with the new manager starting the forward a number of times in pre-season.

However, such a revival was derailed when the Frenchman picked up a hamstring issue in their penultimate friendly of the summer against Atletico Madrid. That, along with further problems with his Achilles and back, has limited him to just four competitive appearances thus far.

He's done well in those matches, getting three goals and two assists, so it'll come as welcome news to Man Utd fans that he's now returned to first-team training.

It means that he has an excellent chance of playing before the club season is suspended for the World Cup, with four matches taking place between now and then.

If he can get fully fit and impress, there's a chance he could then travel to Qatar with his country. He may not have been in the France squad for over a year, but Didier Deschamps hasn't ruled out calling him up.

The France boss has, however, dismissed the idea of calling up any player that is not fully fit from the get-go, in an apparent message to Martial and United teammate Raphael Varane.

Should Martial be snubbed, he'll instead go to a training camp in Spain with his club, with a friendly with Cadiz being arranged for December 7 and another one set to be announced soon.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo
Forum | 5 hours ago

EPL: They’re quality players – Gallas tells Chelsea to sign Man Utd duo

Anthony Hopkins Cast as German-British Composer in New Biopic The King of Covent Garden
Forum | 17 hours ago

Anthony Hopkins Cast as German-British Composer in New Biopic The King of Covent Garden

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him